Landing stage near Mayflower Steps
Monday 6 September 2021 – River Tamar Cruise (to Calstock)
Join us for an idyllic cruise to experience the stunning scenery of the Tamar Valley. Setting sail across Plymouth Sound and up the River Tamar to the picturesque Cornish village of Calstock. Leaving the busy city behind we pass the Naval Dockyard and Brunel’s famous bridge, taking in the beautiful sights of the Tamar Valley, passing Cargreen, Wier Quay, Pentille, Holton and Cotehele.
The 5-Hour Cruise comprises a two-hour cruise to Calstock, with a one hour stop-over – a chance to stretch your legs & walk around the quaint Cornish village – before returning to the vessel for the two-hour return journey. There is small licensed bar on board, with some snack food. At Calstock, the 17th Century Tamar Inn can serve light snacks, or more substantial food if booked in advance (Tel. 01822 832 487).
Dog Friendly – Dogs are allowed on all our Daytime Cruises & Ferries, but must remain on their leads at all times.
Timings of the sailing: Depart Plymouth 2.30 pm. Arrive Calstock 4.30 pm
Depart Calstock 5.30 pm. Arrive Plymouth 7.30 pm
Departure point: Tamar Cruises Landing Stage, near the Mayflower Steps.
Cost of cruise: £19.50. Payment can be made:
- a) on the day at the Ticket Pavilion located directly in front of the Landing Stage where all the trips depart. It is recommended that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time, or
- b) by booking in advance (at least the day before) through the secure online booking system, which gives a 5% discount. 01752 253 153 https://online.plymouthboattrips.co.uk/trips/schedule/filter:calstock
Please remember to bring your face mask.
Travel to Plymouth:
- Train: Trains leave Exeter St Davids every 20 minutes. Journey takes 1 hour. 20-minute walk to the landing stage.
- Bus: The X38 leaves Exeter at 9.30 and 11.40, and takes 1½ hours to Plymouth. 15-minute walk to the landing stage.
- Coach: Falcon Coaches go every hour from Honiton and Sowton Park & Ride. The journey takes one hour. 15-minute walk to the landing stage.
- Car: The nearest carpark is at Lambhay Hill (£9 for more than 5 hours), but the larger Elphinstone Car Park a little further away is the preferred choice (£3.50 for 6 hours).
To book: If you would like to come on this tour, please contact Peter Wingfield-Digby at pwdigbyATbtinternet.com or 01392 424781 by 23 August.